We are happy to inform you that Ajahn Tong Sirimangalo is coming to Prague on the 3rd of December. Everyone is invited to meet him. Details about Ajahn Tong’s visit and the Winter meditation courses at Tisarana are below.
Ajahn Tong in Prague (3-4 December)
Ajahn Tong, the head of our organisation and the greatest living Vipassana Master, will arrive around 5pm on 3rd December in Prague. He will be accompanied by monks and the International directors Thanat and Kate. Meditators can join them either at the Tisarana meditation center, the hotel or Zlute Lazne:
3.12 19:00-21:00 Tisarana (evening chanting and talk)
4.12 04:30-06:00 Tisarana (morning chanting)
4.12 06:30-07:00 Hotel (offer breakfast)
4.12 10:00-11:30 Zlute Lazne (talk and offer lunch)
If any meditators would like to make a donation to help repay the costs of transport, accommodation, food etc. they can transfer to Raiffeisen Bank, account no. 333438/5500, reference Ajahn Tong or K&T. The cost for Ajahn Tong and the group is 100 000 Kc and airline tickets for Kate and Thanat are 50 000 Kc.
Giving a donation to support an enlightened being is a wise action and creates great merit. There is no need to book to meet Ajahn Tong but check facebook (facebook.com/TisaranaPraha) or website (www.tisarana.cz/cs/) for updates.
Ajahn Tong’s visit to Europe
26.11 Wat Buddhavipassana, Wassenach
27-29 Wat Buddhavihara Amsterdam, Holland
30.11-3.12 Dhammanikhom Vipassana-Meditationszentrum, Heinersbrück
3-4 Tisarana Vipassananusorn Meditationcenter, Prague
04-12 Wat Buddhavipassana, Wassenach
12-15 Wat Buddhapiyawararam, Dreieich-Götzenhain
Winter Meditation Courses
- 30–2 Loving-kindness weekend retreat. The intention of the loving-kindness (metta) retreat is to learn how to love yourself and others and is suitable for beginners and experienced meditators. Overnight stay is full but students can also attend for 1 or 2 days. Course is on donation (suggested minimum 450 kc per day for center costs). Contact Jonathan and Anna to register (or discuss details/donation). www.tisarana.cz, +420 722008067
- 12-2 21 Day Vipassana Meditation Retreat (English and German). The aim of Vipassana meditation is to develop mindfulness and insight. Insight means understanding the truth of impermanence, suffering and non-self, which leads to freedom and peace. Students can come for a shorter period or start earlier/finish later but need to come for at least 16 days if they want to finish the Ajahn Tong Satipatthana Vipassana course. Beginners and experienced meditators are welcome. Maximum 5 students. Course is on donation (suggested minimum 450 kc per day for center costs). Contact Jonathan and Anna to register (or discuss details/donation). www.tisarana.cz, +420 722008067
- 22 Half-day Vipassana course. Introduction to insight meditation for beginners. 14:00 -17:00. Course is on donation. Contact Jonathan and Anna to register +420 722008067.
- 23 Half-day Satipatthana course. Introduction to insight mediation and focus on the Foundation of Mindfulness teaching of the Buddha. 14:00- 18:00. Contact Jonathan and Anna to register +420 722008067.
- 4-6 Loving-kindness and Forgiveness Weekend Retreat Start the new year skilfully by developing loving-kindness (metta) and forgiveness for yourself and others. The course is suitable for beginners and experienced meditators. Maximum number of 5 students for overnight stay and 5 can attend during the day (for 1 or 2 days). Course is on donation (suggested minimum 450 kc per day for center costs). Contact Jonathan and Anna to register (or discuss details/donation). www.tisarana.cz, +420 722008067
There will be the usual pilgrimage to India and Nepal from the 12th February to 2nd March. This is for experienced meditators only. Email: email@example.com